My previous setup wasn’t very agile. It was fun scrapping some shell scripts together but it wasn’t very agile or flexible.
This new incarnation is generated using Octopress. It’s a pretty simple deployment and not that much different from my previous setup. I didn’t need to change much from my original deployment script. I took a pretty basic theme and ripped most of it out to emulate the old site as much as I could. Currently this falls apart on mobile browsers.
I literally just kick this off with a shell script to a tiny ec2 instance.
#!/bin/bash pushd octopress && bundle exec rake generate && popd && ansible-playbook -i inventory httpd.yml
I made this change because I did so many projects this summer and the ridiculous old setup prevented me from writing about them.